Brow Lift (Forehead Lift) in Boston
Dr. Brooke R. Seckel – Treating Boston Brow Lift Surgery Patients
What is a brow lift, also called a forehead lift or eyebrow lift?
A brow lift, forehead lift or eyebrow lift is a plastic surgery procedure to correct aging changes of the forehead and eyebrow such as sagging eyebrows and forehead. The brow lift or forehead lift can also lift the cheeks and to a lesser degree the entire face. The lateral brow lift can be done through a small incision in the hairline to lift and rejuvenate the outside portion of the eyebrow and the outside corners of the eyes.
Why do people choose to have a brow lift?
People choose to have a brow lift to correct aging changes of the forehead and eyebrows such as:
- Sagging eyebrows which are hanging over the eyelids
- Deep frown lines and furrows in the forehead
- Eye hoods caused by loose sagging eyebrow skin
- A low hairline or short forehead
Some patients undergo brow lift surgery in conjunction with eyelid surgery for a complete rejuvenation.
How is a brow lift or eyebrow lift done?
There are 4 common types of brow lift or forehead lift:
- The lateral brow lift. The lateral brow lift is done when there is only slight sagging of the outside portion of the eyebrows.
- The partial forehead lift. The partial forehead lift is often done as part of a facelift and can improve the arch and lift of the eyebrow.
- The coronal brow lift. A coronal brow lift is required for severe cases of sagging brow or brow ptosis and when the frown muscles are overactive and have created deep frown lines. The coronal brow lift can produce dramatic improvement in the sagging brow and deep frown lines.
- The endoscopic brow lift. The endoscopic brow lift is a minimally invasive brow or forehead lift. However the limitations of endoscopic surgery can negatively impact the result.
What will I look like after my brow lift or eyebrow lift?
You will see the benefit of the brow lift right away. However expect bruising most noticeable around the eyes as well as swelling which usually appears the second day.
Is brow lift or eyebrow lift painful?
Discomfort is usually mild; the skin can actually feel numb on the forehead. Most patients require pain medications for only 2-3 days.
How long is recovery from a brow lift or eyebrow lift?
Expect 2 to 3 weeks for bruising and swelling to go away. Do not plan an important social event or a photographic section for 6 weeks after a brow lift or forehead lift.
What does brow lift or eyebrow lift cost?
A full coronal or endoscopic brow lift averages $12,500 on the East Coast. A lateral eyebrow lift under local anesthesia can cost $5000.
Who should do my brow lift or eyebrow lift?
I suggest a plastic surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and who is experienced in brow lifting and facelift techniques.
Schedule a Brow Lift Consultation
Brow lift surgery is a delicate facial plastic surgery procedure that can help you achieve a youthful, alert appearance. Dr. Brooke R. Seckel of Boston Plastic Surgery Specialists is a renowned facial plastic surgeon who has performed many of these procedures. To learn more about forehead lift, schedule a consultation today by calling 617-455-2859.